Saturday, December 15, 2007

One Month In

What a ride!

I am one month and a few days into meds.

In a nutshell, a rough month adjusting to the meds which I suppose is a work still in progress. No major physical side-affects which is awesome but I have been having issues with controlling my temper. I constantly have to be aware that I may be overreacting to a situation but at least I recongnize it.

One minor outburst at the pharmacy when they acted like idiots and actually asked me to loudly announce my meds across the pharmacy floor so the dipwad at the computer could see why my script wasn't filled.

As the blond girl that I mentioned in an earlier post was ringing up the one refill they got right, I started to go off but realized I might be having a side affect moment and was able to calm down a bit. I just stayed pissed for SO long and wanted to go off on someone so badly that it almost become funny.

Anyway, last week, I went for my 30 day bloodwork and spent the next week waiting for results. Are they working? Do have I have a resistant strain? Is my liver going to blow? You know... all the possible bad things the on-line forums talk about.

Then the news.......... FREAKING AWESOME results! Viral load was at over 209,000 c0pies was down to 80!! How cool is that!?! CD4/T-Cells went up from 285 to 413!!

Couldn't be happier and makes all the stomach drama worth it. Other good news (at least for now) is I am down about 15 pounds. Could still lose another 25. (one expensive diet pill)

More to come

No comments: